Can I become a member?
RAFC is a non-public club that offers membership to Australian Defence Force members and Australian Public Service personnel at RAAF Amberley, as well as Air Force Cadets. The club exists to support the morale of members of the defence community by providing competitively priced flight training and aircraft hire. Each application for membership is assessed and must be approved by the committee. Before applying please read the eligibility criteria below:
Full member (Yearly Membership)
- ADF members posted to RAAF Amberley (including ADF reservists)
- APS members permanently employed by the Department of Defence at RAAF Amberley
- Current serving AAFC cadets from local units
Affiliate & Honorary members (Yearly Membership)
- Dependants of ADF and APS members
- Ex-RAAF personnel who reside in the immediate area
- Other RAAF personnel whose next of kin reside in the immediate area
- RAN or ARA personnel posted to a Defence establishment in the immediate area (excluding RAN or ARA reservists)
- Current serving AAFC civilian staff
- Civilian contractors permanently employed at RAAF Amberley
- Any person whose honorary membership would benefit the club (with appropriate justification)
The 2024 club membership fee is $60 per year paid at a pro rata rate from January each year. Membership fees can be paid using the club’s credit card machine or by direct funds transfer into the club’s account, details on page 2 of the membership form (please include your name). Personnel eligible for membership may commence flying training whilst their applications are processed but cannot fly as pilot in command. Yearly memberships mist be paid by 01 Feb each year.
Apply for membership
Please ensure you have reviewed our Eligibility Criteria before applying for membership.
To apply, please download the membership form below, complete your details and sign it, then email it to the RAFC President and Secretary (refer Contact page) for consideration including the below points:
- Please provide a brief background on yourself & your eligibility for club membership
- Your flying experience (if any)
- What you’d like to achieve with the club (RPL, PPL, Private Hire, etc)
Your application will be reviewed by the committee and if approved you will be asked to pay the membership fee (detailed above).
NOTE: To ensure club records remain up to date, the committee may request a new membership application form is resubmitted each year.